Ⅰ.核心學習:不確定的答復
Michael: You look pretty wound up. What's up?
邁克爾:你看起來很不開心,有什么事嗎?Billy: It's nothing, just my boss keeps asking about the annual stock report.
比利:沒什么,只是我的老板總是問我年度股票報告的事。
Michael: What does she want to know?
邁克爾:她想知道什么?
Billy: She wants to know if I know when it will be done. But I am unsure.
比利:她問我知不知道報告什么時候做好,可我還不能確定。
Michael: You should tell her you are unsure.
邁克爾:你應該告訴她你不能確定。
Billy: I try, but I can't express myself correctly.
比利:我盡力了,可我不能正確地表達。
Michael: Fine, I will teach you some useful business English that will help you.
邁克爾:好吧,我會教你一些有用的商務英語,這會對你有幫助。
Ⅱ.單詞簡析
1) Annual :once a year
每年一次
ex:It is time for our annual office party.
我們辦公室開年度派隊的時候到了。
2) Excuse : reason, delay
借口,托辭
ex:Jack is full of excuses about why he doesn't work hard.
杰克為自己不努力工作找了一堆借口。
3) Raise : increase in salary
加薪
ex:Time will tell if I get the raise or not.
我能不能加薪,到時自會有分曉。
4) Stock :piece of the company, ticket
股票
ex:My friend Tom made a fortune by trading stocks.
我的朋友湯姆靠股票交易發(fā)了一筆財。
5) Trading : buying and selling, one for another
交易
ex:Let's do some tape trading. I'll give you a Beatles tape for your Will Smith tape.
咱們來做個交易,我用披頭士樂隊的磁帶來換你的威爾·史密斯的磁帶。
編輯推薦:
(責任編輯:gx)